I searched for nearly a year before I found this 1995 Hardrock on
Craig's List. It was in rough shape so many of the components were
replaced. The wheels were rusty so I used two I had from a Hardrock
I had originally purchased in 1992. That bike met it's demise when
it tangled with my friends truck. Guess I saved those wheels for
a reason. The good wheel did not have a freehub so I re-laced it
with the one from the rust bike. This made it easier to achieve
a straight chain line. The frame was stripped of it's original paint
and decals, then rattle can sprayed with Duplicolor - Wedgewood
Metallic. The color is a lacquer and therefore kinda soft, so I
clear coated it with an enamel. The results are not too bad.
Panaracer Uff Da 2.35" tires
Kalloy aluminum handlebar
- Profile threadless converter with Dimension stem
- Dimension brown leather saddle
- Origin8 crank 175mm with Sinz 37t ring
- generic 16t cog with Origin8 spacers
- Wellgo MG-1 magnesium pedals
- cool Peace sign brake cable hangers with skull-in-cog decal (
to hide small dent).
shot with the cannons is a Confederate redoubt at Kennesaw Mountain
German Shepard is Babe. She is the neighbor's dog rescued from a
local shelter- too sweet a dog to put down.
for a great site.