am the original owner of this bike. The bike was purchased on July
20th, 1988 from Lakeside Cyclery in Clear Lake, Iowa. I paid $585
($608.40 out the door with tax) for it back then.
rode this bike a lot and took great care in trying to maintain it
to the highest level. The same bike shop has looked after it all
these years╔ even the same mechanic! The only thing that isn't original
to this bike as pictured would be the saddle (Super Turbo swapped
in place of the original Mundialita), Sun Mistral wheels (Ukai were
original but were replaced under a warranty/recall of sorts back
in the day because they would make a clicking noise while riding),
pedals are Look Competition '88 (although I have the original 600
toe clip pedals), bar tape (obviously╔ original was thin yellow
ribbon tape) and the tires (Panaracers were original)
Panasonic DX-5000 Factory Specifications
* List Price: $750 USD
* Frame: Tange Prestige Cr-Mo double butted tube, lostwax seat lug,
forged ends and sealed bottom bracket set.
* Fork: Tange Cr-Mo blades, C-2 crown, forged ends and Shimano 600
Ultegra sealed head set.
* Handlebar: SR CTB, Maes Alloy
* Stem: SR CT Alloy
* Saddle: Selle Italia Mundialita with Sugino SP-KCL 230mm long
micro adjusting seat post.
* Crankset: Shimano 600 Ultegra Biopace 53/42T * Freewheel: Shimano
600 Ultegra 7-speed 12-21T, cassette type.
* Chain: Shimano 600UG silver, 1/2▓x3/32▓x108 links, narrow type.
* Hubs: Shimano 600 Ultegra, Freehub sealed mechanisms 32H
* Rear Derailleur: Shimano 600 Ultegra S.I.S.
* Front Derailleur: Shimano 600 Ultegra
* Shifting Lever: Shimano 600 Ultegra 7-speed S.I.S. & Light Action,
brazed on down tube mounted.
* Brakes: Shimano 600 Ultegra, alloy side pull with 600 Ultegra
S.L.R. aero levers.
* Rims: Ukai 20A, 700c, 32h, alloy, Super Hard Anodized
* Tires: Panaracer Tecnova 700┤25c Super Extra 115PSI
* Spokes: Stainless 14G
* Pedals: Shimano 600 with reflectors
* Color: Onyx Black