is my 1985 Panasonic Team. The 1985 Panasonic Team road bike was
my first Panasonic and my first introduction to road cycling. I
guess you could say it was the bike that ignited my love for cycling.
This particular bike is my 2nd Team. The first was stolen prior
to RAGBRAI (ride across Iowa) back in 1988.
just found and purchased this bike during May of 2008 to add to
my collection. As it turned out, the very same place that had sold
my original Team back in 1985 had three left over at the end of
that year. They were merely frames and forks though and they sat
around collecting dust for a while. Sometime during 1987, the mechanic
at the shop built this bike up using Shimano 600 components.
Panasonic Team Specifications (not factory)
* List Price when new: $350 USD (approximate)
* Frame: Tange 2
* Fork: Tange Cr-Mo blades, forged ends
* Handlebar: Cinelli
* Stem: Cinelli
* Saddle: Selle Italia Mundialita with 26.8mm x 230mm long micro
adjusting seat post.
* Crankset: Shimano 600
* Freewheel: Shimano
* Chain: Shimano 600 HG, 1/2²x3/32²x108 links, narrow type.
* Hubs: Shimano 600
* Rear Derailleur: Shimano 600
* Front Derailleur: Shimano 600
* Shifting Lever: Shimano 105
* Brakes: Shimano 600
* Rims: Araya, 700c, 32h, alloy, Super Hard Anodized
* Tires: Michelin
* Spokes: Stainless 14G
* Pedals: Shimano 600
* Color: Night Blue