would like to submit my 1992 Bridgestone MB-3 for inclusion in the
Current Classics gallery. I picked up this bike in original condition.
I took it completely apart and used it as a place to put some of
my favorite offbeat parts. Though it is a TIG-welded frame, it has
Ritchey Logic tubing, and I plan to upgrade to a lugged MB frame
when I find one I like. This is my 26 inch MTB for frequent trail
riding. My other MTB is a 29er that wouldn't qualify for this gallery.
The only original parts are the bottom bracket and seatpost. The
brake levers and shifters are original equipment for the MB-3 but
mine came from an MB-4 that was in slightly better condition when
found. Build details are as follows:
- Used Rock Shox Judy in good condition. Made for V-brakes but I
added a hanger for cantis.
- Paul Touring Cantilever brakes with peace sign straddle holders.
- On-One Mary bar with Salsa Pepperjacks grips.
- Thomson stem.
- Suntour XC Pro crankset.
- Deore XT derailleurs.
Original Deore thumb shifters.
- Original Dia Compe brake levers.
- Brooks Conquest Saddle.
- King headset.
- New WTB/Deore wheelset because I wanted black 8-speed wheels.
- Panaracer Fire XC Pro Tires (the heavy cheapies because I didn't
know any better when I bought them).